Rose is Our Pet of the Week on Wet Nose Wednesday
Parker from the Humane Society of West Michigan wasn't able to come into the studio this morning due, of course, to the Coronavirus, but talked on the phone with me about Rose for Wet Nose Wednesday.
Rose is a 6.5 year old medium mixed breed. She loves to be around people and going for walks. Rose is a bit chunky due to her love of treats, and would love an adopter that will help her live an active lifestyle.
Parker also talked about:
Bissell Pet Foundation's Empty the Shelters (July 10-12, by appointment only):
- Empty the Shelters is back and better than ever! Join HSWM on the weekend of July 10-12 for FEE WAIVED adoptions thanks to BISSELL Pet Foundation and an anonymous donor.
- All adult dogs, cats, and small animals will have NO adoption fee! We'll be following our current appointment-only process.
- Visit hswestmi.orgto view the details on our homepage and browse adoptable animals!
- Thank you to Cathy Bissell and Bissell Pet Foundation for including Humane Society of West Michigan in this amazing event for animals in need!
Hot Weather Safety for Pets
- This week is supposed to be extremely hot! Keep your pets safe during the heatwave with these tips:
- Check the pavement before heading out for a walk - asphalt and concrete can be much hotter than the air temperature. You can see if it's safe to walk by placing the back of your hand on the ground. If it's too hot to hold for ~10 seconds, it could lead to burned paws
- Provide plenty of fresh water for your pets to avoid dehydration
- Never leave your pet alone in a vehicle - cars heat up quickly in the sun and put pets at risk for heat stroke or worse
You can get all the information on the Humane Society website or call (616) 453-8900.