Spot is our Pet of the Week on Wet Nose Wednesday
Parker from the Humane Society of West Michigan wasn't able to come into the studio this morning due, of course, to the Coronavirus, but talked on the phone with me about Spot for Wet Nose Wednesday.
Spot is 1 year old and 60 lbs of love that has been searching for the right home since January. He’s a bit shy at first, but once he knows he can trust you all of his goofiness comes out. He’s certainly become a staff favorite!
Parker also talked about:
Paws, Claws & Corks that, sadly, had to be cancelled due to the on going virus fears. The Humane Society wanted everyone to be and stay healthy, so cancelling was the most prudent thing to do. She did mention that as they get reorganized and figure things out, they will most probably move many of the event auction items to an on-line site. Details to come!
As for COVID-19 and how it is affecting pet adoption, here is the information:
- Open for adoptions and emergency admissions
- All adoptions switching to appointment-only, must contact email@example.com to schedule
- please bring as few people to your appointment as possible and stay home if you are feeling ill
- all other events, programs, and obedience classes are cancelled until further notice
- We may encounter a need for supplies or foster families, in which case we will share how the public can help!
- Updates will be shared via our website and Facebook
They are offering an Adoption Special:
- during these difficult times, social distance with a furry friend! HSWM will be running an adoption special to encourage our community to adopt and prevent overcrowding in the shelter.
- Adult dogs: $50
- Adult cats: fee waived
You can get all the information on the Humane Society website or call (616) 453-8900.