Emma is our Pet of the Week on Wet Nose Wednesday
Parker from the Humane Society of West Michigan wasn't able to come into the studio this morning due, of course, to the Coronavirus, but talked on the phone with me about Emma for Wet Nose Wednesday.
Emma is a 3 year old little lady that has been looking for a home since January. Emma's favorite thing in the entire world is stuffed animals. She carries one everywhere she goes, even on walks! Emma would make a great companion in a laid back home where she can be the center of attention. Emma will be available for adoption as soon as we reopen, but for now she's soaking up all of the love in her foster home.
Parker also addressed the Humane Society being closed due to the Governor's Executive Order. Parker highlighted:
- Humane Society of West Michigan will be closed to the public per Michigan “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order through at least April 13th, 2020.
- All programs including animal adoptions, youth activities, fundraising events, obedience classes, and volunteer trainings are suspended until further notice.
- Our animals will continue to receive necessary care and enrichment from dedicated animal care staff, as well as critical medical treatment.
- HSWM will now be accepting emergency surrenders through appointment only, and will continue to operate the Kibble Konnection pet food network to the best of our abilities.
- Due to overwhelming support, HSWM has been able to place all animals in urgent need of a foster home! Other ways you can help include sharing our posts, donating items on our wish list and making a monetary gift to support our mission. To learn more, visit www.hswestmi.org
- We are so thankful for our community and their willingness to help animals in need no matter the circumstances. Thank you all for donating, fostering, and sharing our mission in this time of anxiety and uncertainty.
You can get all the information on the Humane Society website or call (616) 453-8900.