Tamara is our Pet of the Week on Wet Nose Wednesday
Parker from the Humane Society of West Michigan wasn't able to come into the studio this morning due, of course, to the Coronavirus, but talked on the phone with me about Tamara for Wet Nose Wednesday.
Tamara (also known as Tammy) is a teeny tiny 13-year-old chihuahua mix. She is currently in foster, where she spends her time wearing sweaters and keeping her foster mom company. Don't let her 5lb size fool you, though, she snores like a great dane! We think Tamara would make a great addition to a laid back home. She'll be adoptable when we reopen!
Parker also talked about:
Paws, Claws & Corks is Going Virtual! (TONIGHT! Wednesday 4/8 at 7pm - HSWM Facebook page)
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions in place we had to get creative and move our annual gala online! We encourage our guests to grab a beverage and celebrate with us from home!
- We will be hosting a virtual program on Wednesday 4/8 at 7pm on the HSWM Facebook page (facebook.com/hswestmi)
- There are over 200 items to bid on in the auction (bidpal.net/pcc). Auction is now open and will close 4/10 at 9pm
- We will share our Fund the Mission story in the program, a story about an animal that was given a second chance at HSWM
- This event and the funds raised are even more critical now than ever before as adoptions and programs are still on hold. 100% of virtual event and auction proceeds benefit our mission and animals!
HSWM COVID-19 Operations:
- At this time they are still closed to the public
- They are not able to offer any of our usual services including adoptions, behavior classes, kids programming, and events
- Over half of their animals are in foster care! This helps the animals relax and limits resource use at the shelter
- A few staff are still going in every day to provide care and enrichment to the animals! Dogs are still being walked and cats socialized.
- Any updates will be shared at: www.hswestmi.org
You can get all the information on the Humane Society website or call (616) 453-8900.