Eagle is our Pet of the Week on Wet Nose Wednesday
Parker from the Humane Society of West Michigan wasn't able to come into the studio this morning due, of course, to the Coronavirus, but talked on the phone with me about Eagle for Wet Nose Wednesday.
Eagle is a 2 year old large mixed breed (86lbs!). Eagle loves everything adventure, including playing in the water, going for runs, and hiking! He can keep up with anyone, but definitely loves to relax at the end of the day. He is currently in a foster home where he gets plenty of exercise and is learning new skills during our closure.
Parker also talked about:
Virtual Paws, Claws & Corks
- Last week's virtual Paws, Claws & Corks was a success! We're still totaling the numbers, but are thrilled to share that we beat our goal for our silent auction. There's still time to make a gift to our Fund the Mission campaign by visiting the auction website and selecting item #100:
- All proceeds benefit HSWM's mission, and the work we do would not be possible without this annual event. Thank you to all who participated.
Pet Emergency Preparedness Plans:
- HSWM recommends making an emergency plan for your animals. This plan is important should you become sick or hospitalized during this pandemic, but also in natural disasters or other emergencies.
- Designate a friend or family member to care for your animals in the event that you are unable to. It is also a good idea to set aside a few weeks worth of pet food, litter, and other supplies.
- Thankfully, Michigan's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order allows for caring for a family member's animal in another household if needed.
- The best thing for your animals during this pandemic is to keep them cared for in their homes rather than surrendering them to a shelter.
- If you or someone you know are struggling to afford pet food due to loss of employment or COVID-19, please contact our Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com to see if we can help!
You can get all the information on the Humane Society website or call (616) 453-8900.