Peggy Sue is our Pet of the Week on Wet Nose Wednesday
Megan stopped by with Peggy Sue. Peggy Sue is a 10-year-old Terrier mix that came to Grand Rapids from Grand Strand Humane Society - which is located in South Carolina. Peggy Sue is an active girl despite her age and enjoys playing outdoors. She has been with the Humane Society of West Michigan for about a month and is part of their Silver Paws program -- so her adoption fee is waived!
We also talked about today's special NASCAR Event happening from 11 am to 1:30 pm at Rosa Parks Circle on Wednesday, July 25th. Michigan International Speedway and Alex Bowman, driver of the #88 Axalta Camaro ZL1 for Hendrick Motorsports are inviting friends out for fun, food, games, and giveaways! There will also be dogs for adoption.
And with the summer heat, we also talked about some heat awareness safety measures for pets.
- Keep pets indoors and away from direct heat.
- Check animals for heat shock. Signs include 104 or above, vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, coma, excessive panting, difficulting breathing, increased heart rate, and salvation.
- Make sure your pet has access to water.
- Do not leave your pet alone in the car even with the windows down. A good rule is the temperature inside the car will be 20 degrees warmer than the temperature outside.
- Keep your pet away from hot asphalt.
You can get all the information on the Humane Society website or call (616) 453-8900.