Myrtle is our Pet of the Week on Wet Nose Wednesday
We talked with Parker from the Humane Society today about Myrtle the dog.
Myrtle is a 3-1/2 month-old retriever/beagle mix puppy who arrived recently from Tennessee. She and her siblings are looking for their forever homes and are currently available to meet you!
Parker also talked about:
12 Days of Wish-Mas at HSWM!
- Join HSWM in celebrating the 12 Days of Wish-Mas! Each day, we will share an item on our wish list that would make a great gift for our shelter pets this holiday season
- If you'd like to donate, items can be dropped off during open hours in our front lobby or sent via Amazon wish list. Our animals thank you!
Holiday Safety Tips from the ASPCA
- Securely anchor your Christmas tree so it doesn't tip and fall, causing possible injury to your pet. This will also prevent the tree water—which may contain fertilizers that can cause stomach upset—from spilling.
- Avoid real mistletoe, holly, and poinsettia plants, which can cause stomach upset and more to pets. Opt for fake plants or purchase pet-friendly bouquets.
- Keep wires, batteries and glass or plastic ornaments out of paws' reach. Some pets may just not be able to leave your decorations alone!
You can get all the information on the Humane Society website or call (616) 453-8900.