Be Smart With 4th of July Fireworks
Whether you're lighting a few sparklers in the backyard or you'll be setting off the next great, amateur display, you really need to be careful. Here are some smart tips.
The Consumer Products Safety Commission says please follow these:
- Only use legally sold fireworks
- Don't mix alcohol and fireworks
- Wear shoes
- Never lean over fireworks when lighting and always back up to a safe distance
- Keep a garden hose on and close
- Never try to re-light a firework that didn't go off
- Only light fireworks one at a time
- Make sure you have an open and clear area away from homes and trees
Good sensible tips. Be safe this weekend!