ArtPrize Seven Jurors Reveal Shortlists
ArtPrize Seven jurors narrowed down their favorites and gave voters more to think about as the jurors revealed their top five in each category at tonight's ArtPrize shortlist event.
- GANGRENE at Boardwalk GR Condominiums, by John Haverty from Marion, MA
- Guryong Village in Seoul at GRCC Collins Art Gallery, by Soohyun Kim from Chicago, IL
- A Fearless Brother Project Presents: Realistic Neglects - A Graphic Series at Grand Rapids Art Museum, by Akibang Monroe O'Bryant from Kentwood, MI
- Fireside Chats at Craft House, by Britt Spencer from Savannah, GA
- Fragile Environments at First (Park) Congregational, by Diana Wege from New York, NY
- Mimesis at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, by Kunihiro Akinaga from Amagasaki City, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- Uplift at Vandenberg (Calder) Plaza and Grand Rapids CIty Hall, by Jarrod Beck from New York, NY
- The Last Supper at Kendall College of Art & Design, by Julie Green from Corvallis, OR
- Relic at Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts, by Tamara Kostianovsky from Brooklyn, NY
- Anishinaabensag Biimskowebshkigewag (Native Kids Ride Bikes) at Grand Rapids Art Museum, by Dylan Miner from East Lansing, MI
- Constructing on Deconstructing at 250 Monroe, by Carolina Borja and Amy Toscani from Minneapolis, MN
- Stripes for St. Joseph at SiTE:LAB / The Rumsey Street Project, by Nick Kline from New York, NY
- the sculptural painting at Spiral, by Jovanni Luna from Nashville, TN
- In Our Element at Front Avenue under US-131, by Ruben Ubiera from Miami, FL
- Something Old Something New at Monroe Community Church, by Lisa Williamson from Memphis, TN
- For the toward at SiTE:LAB / The Rumsey Street Project, by BOOMERANG from Gambier, OH
- T-Rex at Waterfront Film Festival, by Drea Cooper & Zack Canepari from Oakland, CA
- Higher Ground at SiTE:LAB / The Rumsey Street Project, by Kate Gilmore from Queens, NY
- Whisper at 250 Monroe, by Emily Kennerk from Zionsville, IN
- That Was Then at Kendall College of Art & Design / Fed Galleries @ KCAD, by Prince Thomas from Houston, TX
The Public Vote Top 25 lists in each entry category will be revealed at ArtPrize.org at 9AM tomorrow, September 29. Round 1 voting continues until October 3 at 11:59PM.
The Public Vote Final 20 will be announced on October 4 at 1PM at Rosa Parks Circle.
Round 2 voting runs from October 4 at 2PM to October 8 at 11:59PM. Voters may cast up to 20 votes, one for each finalist, for the entry or entries they believe should win the top prize of $200,000.
The winners of both the public vote and juried awards will be announced at the ArtPrize Awards on October 9.