Fill Your Gas Tank Today Because Tomorrow Michigan Prices Rise
You may want to fill your gas tank today because the price of fuel is about to go up 30 to 50 cents per gallon.
For about a month we have gotten a break on gas prices after the Biden administration tapped into the United States oil reserves. This helped the economy with purchasing Christmas gifts and traveling over the holidays.
Looks like we have used up the oil and now prices could start rising as soon as today.
I was lucky I filled my car up last week and truck up yesterday, but I did notice a small rise in prices on my way into work today.
WOOD reported the state could see a jump around $3.09 to $3.25 per gallon, according to Patrick De Haan with GasBuddy "If you need fuel, now is a good time to get it before station go up here later this week, probably back over $3 a gallon," said De Hann.
I have been hearing of gas getting up to $4 per gallon by Memorial Day in 2022, but I sure hope what I'm hearing is wrong.
I did some poking around on GasBuddy in the West Michigan area and below are the gas stations with the lowest prices:
- Holland - Family Fare, Marathon, Speedway, Meijer, and Mobile is $2.68 per gallon.
- Sparta - All American North Country is $2.69 per gallon.
- Greenville - Murphy USA is $2.71 per gallon.
- Gowen - Gowen General Store is $2.71 per gallon.
- Cedar Springs - Admiral, Citgo, Speedway is $2.76 per gallon. Mobile is $2.79 per gallon.
- Comstock Park - Speedway, Mobile, and Circle K is $2.75 per gallon. Citgo, Marathon, and Sam's club are $2.79 per gallon.
I just covered the highlights of my gas search but if you go to this link, you can zero on the gas stations right in your neighborhood.