ArtPrize Launches New Version of App for ArtPrize Eight
ArtPrize today announced the launch of the ArtPrize Eight mobile app. The new version of the app brings back some popular features and improves upon ways to explore the 171 venues and 1,453 entries at ArtPrize Eight.
Each year, ArtPrize creates an updated version of its mobile app, including expanded features and capability to allow mobile voter registration and more content.
Features of the ArtPrize App
- The popular List feature returns for its third year. The List feature allows visitors to browse the 1,453 participating artist entries; create unlimited lists of the work individuals most want to see; and share those lists publicly and with friends and family through social media and email.
- The Discover View delivers continuously updated ArtPrize blog and event calendar information including: ArtPrize announcements, special events and on-the-fly happenings before and during the event itself.
- Improved Interactive Map filtering and sorting options for venues are intended to help visitors find accessible venues, public restrooms, and public parking options.
- ArtPrize mobile app allows visitors to cast their votes and help determine the winners of half of the $500,000 in prizes.
- Voters will be able to register while downtown via the mobile app and cast their votes either from within the event boundaries or from elsewhere.
- For the second year, Meijer mPerks members using the mobile app can participate in the Meijer mPerks rewards program. The first 30,000 mPerks members to use the ArtPrize mobile app and opt-in to the ArtPrize mPerks promotion will earn one mPerks offer.
“ArtPrize is an ever-evolving experiment, and technology is an essential catalyst within it. After eight years, we’re excited to still be leading the way audiences engage contemporary art through the use of technology," said Jonathan Hunsberger, ArtPrize Director of Technology.
The new ArtPrize app was created in partnership with Atomic Object. It is now available for download in the Apple and Google Play stores.
ArtPrize Eight will take place from September 21 to October 9, 2016 within three square miles of downtown Grand Rapids.