West Michigan Christmas Parades and Tree Lightings: Dec. 1 – 2
December is here and so is the season's busiest weekend of parades, tree lightings and other fun Christmas activities in West Michigan!
This weekend's events include visits with Santa, parades, reindeer, crafts, stories, free chili, unique holiday themes and more!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1
- 37th annual nighttime parade begins at 7PM in downtown Coopersville.
- Activities run until 9PM.
- Theme is "It's a Magical Christmas."
- Starting at 6PM at the Holland Armory: listen to stories, play games and make a Dutch lantern.
- Sinterklaas arrives on a white horse just after 7PM and will lead the crowd to Centennial Park to light the Christmas tree.
- Visit with Sinterklaas after the tree lighting at Holland Museum for photos, crafts, cocoa and cookies.
- Music from the Rockford High School Jazz ensemble and the Rockford choir begins at 5:30PM at the Rockford Dam Overlook.
- Tree lighting ceremony begins at 6PM.
- Carriage rides at the Rockford Pavilion from 6PM - 8PM.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2
- Tree lighting celebration begins at 5PM and lasts until 7PM.
- Tree lighting ceremony is at 6PM in Heritage Town Square Plaza at 60th and Lake Michigan Dr.
- All are welcome to bring an ornament to help decorate the tree.
- 4PM: Santa, Mrs. Claus and reindeer at The Rock near 84th St. and Byron Center Ave.
- Parade through downtown Byron Center at 5:30PM.
- Free chili dinner at Pathway Church after the parade.
- Santa Parade at 6PM.
- After the parade: tree lighting ceremony, Nutcracker dance performance, visit and get photos with Santa, live music and Christmas caroling.
- 10AM - Noon: live reindeer at Fennville District Library.
- 10AM - 2PM: model train exhibit at Fennville District Library.
- 11AM - Noon: Santa and Mrs. Claus at an event for kids with special needs at Golden Orchards.
- 2PM - 4PM: Santa and Mrs. Claus at Forever Curious Children's Museum. Includes crafts.
- 6PM: Holiday Lights Parade on Main Street.
- 6:45PM: Downtown tree lighting ceremony. Also, Santa and Mrs. Claus at Maple and Main.
- Parade is at 6PM in downtown Grand Haven.
- After the parade, see the lighting of the Christmas tree and caroling in Central Park.
- "Redneck Christmas" Parade starts at 6PM at the fairgrounds, heads east on Main St. and ends at First United Methodist Church.
- Candy passed out before the parade at 5:45PM.
- 11AM in downtown Rockford.
- Over 60 floats.
- Visit with Santa at the Rockford Rotary Pavilion after the parade.
- Free photos, free milk and cookies, activities, and free goodie bags for the kids after they visit with Santa.
- 1PM on Butler St. in downtown Saugatuck.
- Dress up as your favorite Whoville character.
- Parade begins at 10AM and travels onto South Division from 34th St. before heading south to Chase Bank on Murray St.
- Visit with Santa immediately after the parade at Brann's at 4132 South Division.