Top 8 Places for Indoor Ice Skating in Grand Rapids
Ice skating is a fun way to enjoy winter in Grand Rapids and many communities offer wonderful outdoor ice rinks, but sometimes indoor rinks can be more comfortable and convenient.
View a map of the Grand Rapids area's top indoor skating facilities and see their public hours for open skating.
Once winter settles in, it's usually not hard to find an iced-over lake or pond in West Michigan to skate on, but everything from wind and snow to questionable ice conditions can make outdoor skating less than ideal at times.
If you're looking for some smooth ice without having to brave harsh weather, we have the top options for you around Grand Rapids.
Hours vary at each rink for open skate. Most offer weekend hours. Some also offer open skate during the week. Hours can change due to a variety of factors including hockey tournaments and more. It is recommended that you confirm the rink's open skate hours for the day before making a trip.
Check the map then follow the links below to confirm hours and see pricing.
- Southside Ice Arena: Saturday 7:30pm - 9:30pm. Sunday 4pm - 6pm.
- Cedar Rock Sports Plex: Saturday 1pm - 3pm and 8:30pm - 10:30pm.
- Griff's Ice House - West (Edge Ice Arena). Check calendar.
- Georgetown Ice Center: Check calendar.
- Walker Ice and Fitness: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Noon - 1:50pm. Check calendar for more hours.