The Most Popular Item Sold At Walmart In Michigan Is…
A recent breakdown reveals the most popular items sold at Walmart in each state, and here in Michigan, what we buy the most makes perfect sense, even though you'll probably have a hard time guessing what it is.
Walmart released a list of the most popular purchased item for every state in the union, and there are some weird highlights to the list, which we'll go over in a minute.
But let's start here in Michigan where the most popular item is a life jacket, which makes perfect sense in a state with thousands of miles of Great Lakes shoreline, not to mention all the rivers and lakes we like to recreate on.
Plus, it's the law to have life jackets on every water vehicle from paddle boards to kayaks to cabin cruisers.
Now about those other states.
- For example, those in Massachusetts are more athletically inclined, with tennis balls the most popular purchase, while in Tennessee traffic cones are the most popular (apparently they like cordoning off their stuff) and Texans actually buy the most wedding invitations at Walmart. That's right, wedding invitations.
- As you can imagine, food is also pretty popular with Walmart shoppers, and those in Oregon purchase the most Chex Mix, while folks in Nevada can’t get enough of canned pumpkin, and shoppers in South Dakota love lemon cake.
- Meanwhile, some states make healthier purchases, like California, where the allergy med Zyrtec is the most popular thing purchased, and Delaware, where they buy a ton of vitamins and medicine.
Other popular Walmart purchases per state include:
Click here for a complete list
- North Carolina - electric knives
- Chicago - puzzle storage
- Ohio – Hatchanimals
- Louisiana – raisins
- Maine – peanut butter & jelly
- South Carolina – garage door openers
- Washington – Starbursts
- Virginia – Ramen noodles