Making a Goodwill Donation is Easy This Saturday
Do you have a lot of items around the house that you would love to get rid of? You know, de-clutter. Of course you do. I know we do.
Tomorrow, Saturday, May 2, Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids is making it super easy for you because you won't have to drive all your donated items to a drop off center, they will pick them up, FREE OF CHARGE!The really cool part is that Goodwill has set up an innovative partnership with the popular on demand transportation platform, Uber (sign up for Uber through our link and get your first ride FREE!). Tomorrow, Saturday, May 2, donors can open the app and request a pickup for their donations to be delivered by an Uber directly to their local Goodwill, free of charge.
Building on the success of previous promotions in the New York, Boston and San Francisco areas, this is the first time Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids and Uber have partnered on a full-scale nationwide campaign to combine the power of donating with the convenience of ordering a ride via a mobile device. The partnership is available in more than 50 cities across the United States as well as in Sao Paulo, Brazil where both Goodwill and Uber operate.
Here’s how you make it work:
1. Collect the jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and other clothing items to donate to Goodwill.
2. This Saturday, May 2, open the Uber app, assuming you have one. (If not, simply go to the app store and download) Select the GIVE option on the bottom of the screen.
3. A Uber SUV will arrive to pickup clothing bags, and the driver will drop-off the donations to Goodwill. Simple, huh?
There are a few key things to remember:
• All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept donations.
• Drivers will arrive at requested pickup locations. Donors are responsible for bringing bags outside as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended.
• For those who have already completed their spring cleaning and donations, or live in areas where Uber isn’t available, monetary donations can be made to Goodwill at http://give.goodwill.org
By-the-way, Uber drivers will not be offering ridealongs on Saturday.