Major Construction Project at 131 and Stadium Drive in Kalamazoo
Reconstruction of the US-131 interchange at Stadium Drive in Kalamazoo began today.
MDOT says the new interchange will be open to traffic in early September.
The completed projected will be a single-point urban interchange, the same design used at the I-94 interchange with Westnedge Avenue in Portage.
Stadium Drive will be reduced to one lane in each direction throughout construction between Venture Park Drive and Drake Road. Northbound and southbound Drake Road will have turn lanes closed to accommodate the lane closures on Stadium Drive.
There will be nightly lane closures on 131. A traffic shift will be in place on 131 during bridge construction.
- Southbound US-131 to eastbound Stadium Drive.
- Westbound Stadium Drive to southbound US-131.
- Northbound US-131 to westbound Stadium Drive.
- Eastbound Stadium Drive to northbound US-131.
- Northbound US-131 to eastbound Stadium Drive.
- Westbound Stadium Drive to northbound US-131.
- Southbound US-131 to westbound Stadium Drive.
- Eastbound Stadium Drive to southbound US-131.
The project is expected to cost $23.5 million.