Help Paint A New Mural As Creston After Dark Returns To Grand Rapids On September 11th
Creston After Dark will be returning to the streets of Creston off Plainfield at the Quimby corner from 12n-10pm on Saturday, September 11th.
The event is a local fundraising event for the improvements in the Creston Heights district while celebrating the arts and creating murals.
This year's mural will be placed on the Muffler Man building on Plainfield and the public is invited to help create it. You can purchase tickets to help paint the mural here: eventbrite.com/e/paint-by-numbers-mural-tickets-168312151175
The event will also include a daylong party that rolls into the night featuring:
- Artisan Market: Artisans throughout the City are invited to each event to sell
their handmade goods.
- Kids Activities: Designated in an alcohol-free zone
- Local Food & Drink: Alcohol proceeds going back to the district and the Arts
Local Business Pop Up Booths
- Resource Fair: Public service and nonprofit resources thanks to Saint Alphonsus
Local musical entertainment
- Beautification efforts through public art
- Dedicated social media account tailored to the Arts and the programming
You can find out more about the event on their website and check out the video below to see what it's all about:
What is After Dark?
Our mission is centered on creating equitable opportunities for local artists in Grand Rapids, MI. Through the journey of our mission, we found a way to activate art, fund local artists, increase local business revenue, city tourism, and bring together the Grand Rapids community, yielding the creation of After Dark GR.
After Dark GR bridges the gap between local artists & businesses to create over 50+ murals in the city of Grand Rapids. This high-scale art activation is exciting, uniting, and empowering, as artists, businesses, and community members come together to provide the city with more elements of artistic expression and more opportunities for artists.