Girl Scouts and Goodwill are Looking Your Dresses
Fun. Fashion. Civic Engagement. Eco-consciousness....all wrapped into one great dress drive led by Girl Scouts!
It's all part of the second annual "fashion-forward" program called Every Dress Has a Story - and the Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore is teaming up with Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids, Goodwill Industries of West Michigan and Goodwill Industries of Northern Michigan to make it possible.
Donating your dress to the Every Dress Has a Story campaign not only helps clean out your closet, it helps gives back to the community. Each dress will be added to Goodwill's inventory and resold to create new memories for someone else. Due to the success of last year's campaign, they have set an ambitious goal of 10,000 dresses.
You can help the Girl Scouts and Goodwill reach that goal by starting today.
1. Gather any dresses (sundress, cocktail, maxi, etc.) from your closet that you'd like to donate to Goodwill on behalf of Every Dress Has a Story.
2. Bring your dresses to ANY Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids, West Michigan or Northern Michigan store from now through November 14. Or, you can bring your dresses to select Goodwill Stores on November 15 - the official dress drive day. They include:
o Grand Rapids: 956 Michigan Street North East
o Muskegon: 1934 East Sherman Boulevard
3. Finally, get social! Share the Every Dress Has a Story initiative with all of your social networks. Just post your commitment to the campaign with hashtag #EveryDress and showcase a photo of a dress you are donating and the story behind it (Examples: "Rocked the room at my 25th high school reunion in this tangerine number" or "Always felt like a ballerina in this"). Then, encourage your connections to join you in donating their gently used dresses at Goodwill Stores.
Here are some interesting facts. Did you know...
• Goodwill placed almost 1,000 people into jobs and provided training for more than 3,000 individuals last year. What an impact!
• Through the Every Dress Has a Story campaign, all dresses will be reused, recycled and kept out of landfills. And all donations given to Goodwill will be used to further the reach of the organization's community services
Can the Girl Scouts and Goodwill count on your support to help collect 10,000 dresses. If you have any questions visit their website... or contact our Girl Scout headquarters at 616.784.3341.