Cedar Point Opens for the Season
Are you ready for a road trip? Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio opens for their 2021 season on Friday, May 14th!
They will of course have protocols in place to keep everyone safe and healthy. They want you to have an awesome day and feel safe when visiting. They have put together new processes and enhanced procedures throughout the park to help reduce the spread of germs.
Some of the protocols include:
- Reservations will be required for Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores Waterpark. Both Season Passholders and Single Day Ticketholders will need reservations.
- Temperature checks for guests have been discontinued.
- The health screen questionnaire will be conducted by associates at all entrance gates and will not be through the Cedar Point mobile app.
- There will be no limitations to ride capacity, but social distancing remains in place while waiting in line. Face coverings are recommended while riding rides.
- Guests aged 10 years and older are required to wear face coverings while indoors, unless actively eating and drinking. Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape.
- Hand sanitization stations have been added throughout the park.
They also recommend using a contactless payment method (other than cash) such as credit card, Apple Pay and Google Pay while visiting the park.
You can read all of the guidelines on the Cedar Point website.
The park will be open on Friday-Sunday from 10 am-8 pm through the end of May. They will then be open daily. Check their website for hours.
New at the park this year will be a boat ride called Snake River Expedition. It is scheduled to debut on Saturday, May 29th. It was originally scheduled to open last year. The ride includes actors, special effects and animation.
From June 26th through August 15th, Cedar Point will mark its 150th anniversary with a special, daily celebration that features a parade with floats, dancers, acrobats and performers. Commemorative merchandise will also be sold.
Cedar Point also operates Michigan's Adventure in Muskegon, MI. Michigan’s Adventure will open to the general public on Saturday, May 29th. The WildWater Adventure waterpark is scheduled to open Saturday, June 19th. More information is available on the Michigan's Adventure website.