Car Safety in the Winter
How'd you like all that snow we had Wednesday? Fun, wasn't it? Not! Driving was horrible with tons of accidents.
But, what happens if one of those accidents is you, and you're stuck for awhile? What do you do, how do you stay safe?
One of the key things experts always say is put together a safety kit and keep it with you at all times. It could save your life.
Here are key things to have according to the website Ready Wisconsin:
- a shovel
- windshield scraper and small broom
- flashlight with extra batteries
- battery powered radio
- snack food including energy bars
- raisins and mini candy bars
- matches and small candles
- extra hats, socks and mittens
- First aid kit with pocket knife
- Necessary medications
- blankets or sleeping bag
- tow chain or rope
- road salt, sand, or cat litter for traction
- booster cables
- emergency flares and reflectors
- fluorescent distress flag and whistle to attract attention
- Cell phone adapter to plug into lighter
I know that's a lot, but saving your, and your families life, is just slightly important.