Tipping for the Holidays
It’s the holiday’s and we’re all running about shopping for gifts for family and friends. It’s monumental. What to get…what to spend?
But, what about the others? And, by that I mean the other people who provide services to us. For instance, the Babysitter or Nanny, Trash Collectors, Mail Carrier, Hair Stylists, etc.
This, too, can be overwhelming at this time of the year. So, it’s my job to help you with tips for “tips” from the ‘Complete Idiot’s Guide to Etiquette.’
- Babysitter or Nanny or Day Care provider: One week’s pay plus a small gift
- Trash Collectors: $15 to $20 each
- Paper Carrier: (that is if you get one) $15 to $25 for daily/$5 to $15 weekend
- Mail Carrier: As federal employees, mail carriers can’t accept more that $20. A gift is nice, too.
- Hairdresser: The equivalent of one session (or $25 if you’re not a regular salon-goer)
There you go, Good Luck, and, Happy Tipping!