Rosie is our Pet of the Week on Wet Nose Wednesday
Rosie, from the Humane Society of West Michigan, came to visit.
Rosie is an adorable 4-year old, Pit Bull/Mix, and is a very affectionate dog. She would make a wonderful, loving addition to any family.
The Pit Bull Mix can sometimes get a bum rap from the miss-treated Pit Bulls that have cause harm. Fear not, Pit Bulls rank among the most loyal, affectionate, human-oriented, intelligent, and well tempered dogs on the planet, according to Save A Bull. Pit Bulls, in a nutshell, are a breed that is overly friendly with people, never prone to human-aggression or guarding, and known for dog aggression.
Brooke also talked about Fourth of July Pet Safety and listed some very good recommendations:
- Keep pets hydrated
- Make sure your pets have ID, tags with your correct contact info, microchip information up to date
- Keep alcohol, people food, sunscreen, insect repellent, and citronella candles out of reach from your pet
- Keep your pets secure and inside during fireworks
- Always Ask! If you’re going to someone else’s house remember to always ask first if you can pet their dog, it’s important to ask first and keep in mind that fireworks, visitors, etc. can be stressful for dogs and to pay attention to stress signals and modify your behavior accordingly
Also, the Humane Society has an opportunity to win $5,000. Independent Bank is awarding $5,000 to each of the top 4 vote receiving animal welfare organizations in their Investing in Communities Challenge. The Humane Society of West Michigan is currently in 4th place but they need your help to stay ahead of the competition that is right behind them! You can vote once per day until Thursday at 5pm. Visit Humane Society of West Michigan’s Facebook page and click the link at the top of the page, it’s only 2 clicks to vote!
- Here is the link: http://bit.ly/2sipR9I
You can get all the information on the Humane Society website or call (616) 453-8900.