Where to Find ArtPrize’s Eight Neighborhood HUBS
ArtPrize fans will have a new way to enjoy the art competition this fall. ArtPrize has announced there will be eight Neighborhood HUBS. The HUBS will be run by ArtPrize and located at eight major venues.
Designed to meet visitor needs, the HUBs serve first as an entry point to the event. Every HUB location will provide visitors with the opportunity to register to vote and pick up an event guide and map, as well as inform visitors about neighborhood-specific tours and events, give ArtPrize mobile app support, and offer ArtPrize Eight Merchandise and Metro Passes. The HUBs will offer real-time information on the venues and events specific to each HUB’s neighborhood. The first 20,000 visitors to any ArtPrize HUB will receive a commemorative tote provided by Meijer.
“There are so many wonderful venues and events that we want people to know about and take advantage of during the event. The Neighborhood HUBs are a fantastic resource and connection point that will serve both first-time and seasoned visitors, connecting them to hot spots and events that they might otherwise miss,” commented Todd Herring, ArtPrize Director of Creative and Communication. “We encourage everyone to stop by all the HUBs to make sure they’re getting the most out of the event.”
The ArtPrize website and mobile app provide an interactive map feature to help visitors navigate to various Neighborhood HUB locations, including:
- Center City HUB @ GRAM -- located on Monroe Center, in the heart of one of West Michigan’s largest communities, outside of the Grand Rapids Art Museum gift shop as well as inside the museum lobby.
- Heartside HUB @ UICA -- close to many galleries, studios and architecturally significant buildings.
- Hillside HUB @ Women’s City Club -- one of the nation’s oldest and grandest neighborhoods with a collection of preserved 19th and 20th century homes.
- Rumsey Street HUB @ SiTE:LAB -- located at the three-acre public project in partnership with Habitat for Humanity.
- Monroe North HUB @ DeVos Place -- just steps away from many new Venues along the Grand River.
- Westside HUB @ Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum -- placed near Featured Public Projects, Artist Seed Grant and Venue Grant Winners.
- Meijer Gardens HUB -- featuring ArtPrize Artists as well as their permanent sculpture collection that blends art and nature.
- ArtPrize HUB/HQ @ 41 Sheldon.
ArtPrize Eight is coming to Grand Rapids, September 21 – October 9.