Where And When To Dispose Of Hazardous Waste In Kent County
Warmer temperatures are nice, but the spring cleaning that comes along with those warmer temperatures isn't always so welcome.
Find out how to dispose of some of the harder to clean items around the house and garage.
Learn how to dispose of hazardous waste in Kent County.
Kent County offers a variety of recycling and hazardous waste disposal options for residents.
Here's a list of some items accepted in the Kent County Hazardous Waste Disposal Program:
Yard & Garden
• weed killer
• rodent & bug poison
• lighter fluid
• pool chemicals
• deck sealer & cleaner
• oil-based paint & stain
• wood preservative
• cleaning products
• metal & wood polish
• paint thinner
• adhesives & glue
Garage & Auto
• motor oil
• automotive fluids
• gas & gas-oil mix
• fuel additives
• washer fluid
• auto batteries
• Fluorescent light bulbs
• mercury thermometers & thermostats
• aerosol cans
There are a couple of ways to dispose of your hazardous waste:
SET AN APPOINTMENT
- You may set an appointment to dispose of your hazardous waste at the Kentwood, Wyoming, North Kent, and NW Grand Rapids locations. Click here to set your appointment.
VISIT A HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION SATURDAY
Saturday collections are open to all Kent County residents. View a list of the collection times and locations below.
- Grand Rapids, 1500 Scribner NW, June 22, 2013, 8:30am-12pm
- Kentwood, 5068 Breton SE, July 20, 2013, 8:30am-12pm.
- North Kent Transfer Station, 2908 Ten Mile Rd., Rockford, August 10, 2013, 8:30am-12pm.
- Grand Rapids, 1500 Scribner NW, August 24, 2013, 8:30am-12pm.
- Kentwood, 5068 Breton SE, September 7, 2013, 8:30am-12pm.
- Wyoming Clean Water Plant, 2350 Ivanrest SW, Grandville. September 21, 2013, 8:30am-12pm.
- North Kent Transfer Station, 2908 Ten Mile Rd., Rockford, October 12, 2013, 8:30am-12pm.
- Grand Rapids, 1500 Scribner NW, October 26, 2013, 8:30am-12pm.
View a complete guide of Kent County's waste and recycling program, including what is and isn't accepted as household hazardous waste.
I've set an appointment to dispose of hazardous waste in the past. I found the whole process to be pretty simple and the hours available were flexible enough to work with my schedule.
Good luck finishing up your spring cleaning!