The B.O.B. Celebrates Fat Tuesday
Maybe you aren't able to get to New Orleans for Fat Tuesday today?
Well, don't worry because The B.O.B. has you covered!
Head to The B.O.B for its 17th annual Fat Tuesday Celebration TODAY.
The event runs from 3 p.m. to midnight EST.
The day's events will include:
- Masquerade contest, with a $500 first prize. It runs 7:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at Bobarino's. Here's the link to the contest entry form.
- Gumbo challenge at Bobarino's, with first prize being a seven-day trip to Redstone Inn in Colorado. The winner is determined by audience vote.
- Music, including Channing & Quinn, Blue Train, Those Delta Rhythm Kings and Kathy Lamar.
- Street performers.
- Authentic Creole cuisine.
- Craft beer and specialty coffee pairings.
- Other menu items and activities.
It is a family-friendly event and there's no cover charge.
For additional details, contact The B.O.B.'s concierge at (616) 356-2000.
The B.O.B. is located at 20 Monroe Avenue NW at Fulton Street in downtown Grand Rapids.
By the way, in case you're wondering, Fat Tuesday -- or Mardi Gras -- is the last hurrah before the Roman Catholic Church season of Lent, which begins on Ash Wednesday this Wednesday.