Simulator Says Michigan and WMU Among Football Teams Most Likely to go Undefeated
The college football "experts" have been sharing their predictions for months. Now computer simulators are weighing in too.
If this simulator is right, it looks like a very good season for the University of Michigan and Western Michigan University.
ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) is used to predict the future performance of college football teams. The predictions are "based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule."
This morning's ranking of teams most likely to finish the regular season undefeated includes:
- Michigan with a 7.1 percent chance, good for 4th overall.
- Western Michigan has a 1.0 percent and is 10th overall.
- Notre Dame has a 0.7 percent chance, tied for 14th.
- Ohio State's is at 0.6 percent, tied for 16th.
- Central Michigan is tied with 14 others with a 0.1 percent chance at 27th overall.
- Michigan State's chance to win the rest of their games is less than 0.1 percent.
The ratings are updated daily.