Beware: 2 Most Popular Months Michigan Women are Likely to Get Pregnant
Have you ever wondered what time of year the most babies were conceived in Michigan?
It's understandable if you've never given it a single thought, but the information we found might be helpful for planning (or planning for surprises).
What time of year are the most babies born?
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention keeps track of this sort of thing. According to their data the most babies are born, around the United States, between July and October.
August, specifically, is the peak month for hospital maternity wards.
When are most babies conceived in Michigan?
For the mathematicians that already solved for a nine-month pregnancy, kudos to you. For the rest of us, let's put it in perspective:
November and December are the most popular months for conception in Michigan. Maybe that's not a surprise for a few reasons:
- Less daylight makes you feel like staying in.
- It gets colder very quickly in the fall months. People try to keep warm to save money on the heating bill. Maybe a few conceptions happen, too?
- The holiday season makes some people feel more "in the mood" to create a family.
- Maybe college & pro football tailgating accounts for a few conceptions?
- It's possible, people are planning to conceive at this time. So, their children will have summer birthdays?
If you're planning, or not, to have kids -- you've been warned. The cold-weather conception data shows winter is coming.