Downtown Grand Rapids Concert Venue Gets New Name
After three years in operation, a downtown Grand Rapids music venue is switching things up.
The Listening Room at Studio C's Studio Park has a new name: Midtown.
According to Grand Rapids Business Journal, the new name is to highlight the venue's expanded offerings: "programming that draws regional, national and international acoustic shows, and also full bands and comedy shows."
Midtown Manager Quinn Mathews tells Grand Rapids Business Journal,
Our programming will continue to reflect that, serving Grand Rapids and beyond direct encounters with amazing songwriters, typical to a listening room venue. We are excited by a new name that creates more spaciousness to welcome full bands enlivening the house with rock, jazz, bluegrass, world music and everything in between.
The 200 person-capacity venue first opened in fall of 2019. The venue says they use "premium grade sound equipment" and guests can enjoy concerts in their "close, intimate setting." There's also in-seat service, with specialty drinks available.
Upcoming shows at the newly named Midtown include:
- Broken Skyline: Bluegrass Tribute to Tom Petty - Nov. 3
- Cole Hansen With special guest Izubel - Nov. 6
- In The Valley Below - Nov. 16
- River City Improv - Nov. 19
- An Evening with Brian Vander Ark - Nov. 26
- Full House Comedy Presents: Annie Lederman - Dec. 2
- Armchair Boogie & Fireside Collective - Dec. 10
Midtown will be announcing shows for 2023 soon. Follow them on Facebook for updates.