Michigan Chocolate Shop in Running For Best in U.S.
My goodness, are these some beautiful chocolates!
Michigan's Bon Bon Bon is in the running for "Best Chocolate Shop" in the U.S. in a USA Today and 10Best poll. A panel of experts chose 20 finalists and now it's up to a public vote.
This isn't the first time Bon Bon Bon is getting national attention! The business has also been recognize by Bon Appetit, Food & Wine Magazine and Tasting Table, Martha Stewart, Crainʼs, and Forbes Magazine.
Bon Bon Bon has two storefronts in in Detroit and one in Ann Arbor, along with factory in Hamtramck.
According to the company's website, Bon Bon Bon began as an experiment in a the back room of a Coney dog shop.
Here's USA Today's praise for Bon Bon Bon,
This Hamtramck-based artisan chocolate company, with stores in Michigan, creates bonbons with clever flavor combinations and eye-catching designs that look as delicious as they taste. In their handiwork, Bon Bon Bon’s confectioners – lovingly nicknamed "The Babes Babes Babes" – apply classic French techniques with Detroit ingenuity, along with local ingredients, to make these delectables. Orders avoiding nuts or being gluten free, along with vegan options and a special Bon Of The Month, are all available.
What kind of treats does Bon Bon Bon offer?
Here's just a few of their flavors:
- May-ngo-rita: Agave lime caramel, salted mango curd ganache, tajin, sugared lime zest, chocolate.
- Killer Cereal: White chocolates, fruity rainbow cereal, salt, bergamot.
- K, C'YA: Whipped cassia cream milk chocolate ganache, dark chocolate.
- Taurus: Black truffle pot de crème ganache, milk chocolate salted caramel, caramelized cocoa nibs, alkalized cocoa ganache.
- Marshmallow: Marshmallow root infused hemp oil, dark chocolate ganache, lavender, marshmallow ganache
- Metamorphic: Passionfruit curd ganache, butterfly pea flour sour cream ganache.
You'll also find seasonal specials, like Rum Spiced Nog and Hot Cocoa.
There's also different shapes like these fun dinos!
The good news too is that for those who don't live nearby, you can order sweets online!
You can vote for Bon Bon Bon once per day through noon June 26 here.