Grand Rapids Makes List of Cities with the Most Mosquitoes
Well, this isn't really a list we wanted to be on, is it?
Summer is almost here, and in Michigan, with summer, comes mosquitoes. And Grand Rapids ranks number twelve on the list of top mosquito cities in the United States by the pest control company, Orkin.
The rankings are based on the number of customers that bought mosquito control services from the company in 2014.
- Washington D.C.
- Detroit, Mich.
- Houston, Texas
- Raleigh – Durham, N.C.
- Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas
- Charlotte, N.C.
- Nashville, Tenn.
- Memphis, Tenn.
- Grand Rapids – Kalamazoo – Battle Creek, Mich.
- Miami – Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Richmond – Petersburg, Va.
- Minneapolis – St. Paul, Minn.
- New York
- Cleveland – Akron, Ohio
- Greenville – Spartanburg, S.C., Asheville, N.C.
- Albany – Schenectady – Troy, N.Y.
- Knoxville, Tenn.
June, July and August are prime mosquito months in most areas. Because of warmer temperatures in the southern part of the United States, the season can extend from April to October, but mosquitoes affect people in every state in the U.S.