Grand Haven Announces Kickoff Celebration for Holiday Shopping
Black Friday ads are being checked and lists are being made. 2019's holiday shopping season is getting started.
Grand Haven will welcome the start of the holiday shopping season with free hot cocoa, a choir singing holiday songs and other festive activities.
Grand Haven will officially open the holiday shopping season with Grand Haven Night Light on Friday, Nov. 22, from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m on Main Street in downtown Grand Haven.
The celebration will feature several activities:
- Downtown will be lit up with holiday lighting.
- The Lakeshore Middle School Choir will sing throughout downtown.
- A steel drum band will perform on Washington Ave. by the Fifth Third Bank building.
- Stores will have open houses, holiday treats and activities.
- Boy scouts will sell fresh evergreen wreaths.
- Roasted chestnuts and cider will be handed out by Tri-Cities Historical Museum.
- Free hot cocoa will be available at North Second Street and Washington Ave. next to Hostetter’s.