Free Meals for Kids at These 8 GRPS Sites This Summer
With kids out of school during the stay-at-home order, and now on summer break, some may not be getting the meals they need. Grand Rapids Public Schools has announced locations this summer where West Michigan kids can get free meals.
All kids, not just Grand Rapids Public School students, can get free meals at these eight GRPS grab-and-go-meal sites this summer on Mondays and Thursdays:
- City High Middle School, 1720 Plainfield Avenue NE, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30p.m.
- Ottawa Hills High School, 2055 Rosewood SE, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- San Juan Diego Academy, 1650 Godfrey Avenue SE, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30p.m.
- Sibley Elementary, 943 Sibley Street NW, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- United Methodist Community House, 904 Sheldon Avenue SE, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- MLK Park, 900 Fuller Avenue SE, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Campau Commons, 835 Commons Avenue SW, from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Creston Plaza, 1014 Clancy Avenue NE, from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The meals are a breakfast/lunch combo.
Meals are available to kids 18 and under and students with disabilities ages 18 to 26 with an active individual education program.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app