ArtPrize On-Screen: Trailers, Showtimes, Free Tickets, More
ArtPrize On-Screen is back with ten new films at ArtPrize Eight.
ArtPrize On-Screen includes five new and independent feature-length films. Each feature film will be preceded by a Michigan-made short film from UICA’s Open Projector Night Series. All films will be screened at the Ladies’ Literary Club from Sept. 21 - 24.
All of the films are eligible for the ArtPrize public vote in the time-based category. They are also eligible for ArtPrize On-Screen Public Vote Prizes which include a $5,000 prize for Best Michigan-Made Short Film and a $2,500 prize for Best Feature Film.
- Tickets for ArtPrize On-Screen are free and include a reserved seat.
- 15 minutes prior to showtime unfilled seats will be released.
- Unfilled seats will be given to those in the Rush Line.
- The Rush Line will form outside venue 45 minutes before the start of the show.
- Reserve tickets for ArtPrize On-Screen.
The Birth of a Nation
- Sept. 21 at 7:30PM. Winner of the Audience Award: US Dramatic and the US Grand Jury Prize at Sundance Film Festival. Paired with short film, “80 to 90 Feet”.
- Sept. 22 at 7:30PM. A transformative portrait of adolescence, which premiered at Sundance Festival in 2016. Paired with short film, “Monster, Me”.
Author: The JT LeRoy Story
- Sept. 23 at 6:30PM. Delves into the infinitely fascinating rabbit hole of how Laura Albert breathed life into her IRL avatar for a decade. Paired with short film, “Beloved”.
The Alchemist Cookbook
- Sept. 23 at 10PM. Produced and shot in Michigan by Grand Rapids-native Joel Potrykus. Screened at the 2016 SXSW Film Festival. Paired with short film, “Free Pie”.
- Sept. 24 at 8PM. Throwback to 80s summer camp films. Produced and shot in Michigan. Paired with short film, “Croissant Man”.