50-Years of Festival Begins Celebration Today
Festival of the Arts, a free, three-day community event celebrating every discipline of the arts including dance, music, literature, media, visual arts and design begins today, Friday, June 7 at 12 noon. It's hard to believe, but Festival is celebrating 50-years!
There are so many things about Festival to be excited about, and just some of them are:
• Opening ceremonies with Mayor Bliss on Friday, June 7 on Calder Stage at 7:30 p.m.
• Dogs are allowed on leashes at Festival of the Arts
• Several local food trucks will be participating in this year’s event and will be located on Monroe Center alongside the GRAM
• Official Festival Beer – Amber of the Arts by Perrin Brewing – is available at several downtown bars and restaurants
• 16 food booths run by area non-profits featuring cultural foods and beverages
• Free kids activities including Paint-In, Glue-In and more
• 50+ art sales tents on Calder Plaza
• 5 main stages and 5 pop-up with music, theatre and dance
• A world premiere performance by the Grand Rapids Ballet on Saturday, June 8 on Calder Stage at 7 p.m.
What's not to like about this annual food and arts fest. Festival runs through Sunday.
Performance schedule, festival map, food booth information and more is available at https://festivalgr.org/