What NOT To Buy Her For Christmas
We're being bombarded with ads and advice on what to buy our wives, girl friend, for Christmas this year. It's mind boggling. And, if she hasn't given you some idea on what she wants it's even more boggling.
Well, I'm here to help. Over the course of the past couple of weeks I've offered suggestions. Some were just a tad expensive, but, hey, it's the gift that counts, right? Or, is it the thought?
So, I've come up with what NOT to buy her, from kaboodle, shopping for people by people. This will keep you from making a big mistake that you'll be reminded of year-after-year.....forever!
DO NOT BUY.....
1. Household Appliances - No woman wants to be reminded of household chores or think you're thinking of her as the one who does the cooking and cleaning when she opens her gift.
2. A Pet - With guests visiting your house, and myriad of other distractions during the week, it's the worst time to try and introduce a small animal to its new home.
3. Jewelry You've Seen On TV - Most women do not want a heart shaped pendant from a chain jewelry store. If your loved one is an accessory lover, opt for something special and one-of-a-kind from an independent jeweler.
4. Gift Baskets - No one needs any more food coming their way. While a nice gift basket full of meat, cheese spreads, fruit, and candy might be delicious, there's already more than enough to eat without giving someone more.
5. A Sweater - There's no denying a cashmere sweater is a nice thing, but opening a box and discovering a plain sweater is sort of dull.
6. Credit Card Gift Cards - While a nice shiny Amex or Visa gift card sounds like a great gift idea, it can be a hassle for the recipient to use. They're processed as credit cards with a limit of whatever is loaded on the card so it can be difficult to use them for purchases that exceed that amount. And most of these cards have an activation fee you'll have to pay at the point of purchase.
7. Lingerie - Most women love pretty lingerie, but let's face it, if you're a man buying a woman lingerie, the gift is as much for you as it is for her. And, if you're opening gifts in mixed company, it could be really embarrassing for the recipient. Save the sexy underthings for a Valentine's Day.
There you go. Now, go shopping!