The Winners Of ArtPrize 2013 – ArtPrize Spotlight 2013
The 2013 ArtPrize public vote winners, the juried award winners, and more were announced in Grand Rapids on Friday night!
After 446,850 votes and countless hours of discussion about art, the winners of ArtPrize 2013 have been announced.
The award money for the public vote winners is $200,000 for 1st, $75,000 for 2nd, $50,000 for 3rd, and $5,000 for 4th through 10th.
The Public Vote winners are:
- 1st – “Sleeping Bear Dune Lakeshore” by Ann Loveless at Gerald R. Ford Museum
- 2nd – “Polar Expressed” by Anni Crouter at Gerald R. Ford Museum
- 3rd – “UPlifting” by Andy Sacksteder at Gerald R. Ford Museum
- 4th – “Dancing With Mother Nature” by Paul Baliker at Gerald R. Ford Museum
- 5th – “Botanical Exotica a Monumental Collection of the Rare beautiful” by Jason Gamrath at Grand Rapids Art Museum
- 6th – “Earth Giant” by Benjamin Gazsi at Grand Rapids Public Museum
- 7th – “Myth-or-Logic” by Robin Protz at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
- 8th – “Finding Beauty in Bad Things: Porcelain Vine” by Fraser Smith at DeVos Place
- 9th – “Taking Flight” by Michael Gard at DeVos Place
- 10th – “Tired Pandas” by Nick Jakubiak at The B.O.B.
The grand prize juried award winner received $100,000. The other five juried award winners received $20,000 each.
The juried award winners of ArtPrize 2013 are:
- Grand Prize – “Ecosystem” by Carlos Bunga at SiTE:LAB
- 2-D – “Europa and the Flying Fish” by Kyle Staver at Grand Rapids Brewing Company
- 3-D – “Through the Skies for You” by Cooley and Lewis at Kendall College
- Time-Based – “The Last Post” by Shahzia Sikander at Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Urban Space – “united.states: an everydaypeople project” by J.D. Urban at Calder Plaza
- Venue – Kendall College
Ox-Bow Residency – “Erase” by Greg Bokor at Fountain Street Church
Congratulations to all of the winners at ArtPrize 2013!