Help Decide Which Michigan Nonprofit Wins $30,000 Of Tech Equipment And Support
There is a fantastic trend in West Michigan. Companies are awarding goods and services to local nonprofit organizations through contests powered by social media.
This time the winner will receive $30,000 worth of tech support and equipment.
This summer, Erhardt Construction gave away $50,000 worth of cash and services towards a construction project for a local nonprofit. The winner was decided by online vote.
Now Grandville IT company Trivalent Group will be awarding $30,000 worth of tech support and equipment to one nonprofit organization in Michigan. Public voting will help decide the winner. They will also give out smaller awards to other four finalists.
Trivalent Group is taking applications to enter the contest through October 31. Fill out an application here.
Here’s how it works, from tgcompassionit.com:
- Encourage someone you know from a non-profit to submit their nomination. Applicants may submit entries from October 1, 2012 through October 31, 2012.
- Our staff will review the submissions and we’ll post the top 20 on the leaderboard after November 12th.
- Spread the word that voting will occur from November 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM EST through November 30, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM EST. Your votes will help us to choose the top 5 candidates.
- Watch the website for the Top 5 announcement on December 3rd – we’ll post the leaders on the leaderboard once the results are compiled.
- The Final selection will be determined based on a combination of public votes and the judgment of the Final Review Board. During the Final Round of Voting from December 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM EST through December 21, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM EST; YOU, the public, will become our 7th Final Review Board member. The Final Review Board will be responsible for selecting the finalist from the top 5 eligible charities .
- The Grand Prize award winner will be selected out of the top five and the announcement will be made at a special ceremony on January 10th (details will be announced in December).
Looking forward to seeing the Top 20 in November, then the Top 5 in December. Good luck!