You Could Work on the Mackinac Bridge
Who needs a corner office when you can have a view like this?
The Michigan Department of Transportation is hiring eight people to work on the Mackinac Bridge.
Your new job will have you working high above the water performing a variety of duties to repair and maintain the Mackinac Bridge.
Job duties include sandblasting, painting, washing, greasing, oiling, bolting, caulking, forming, cement work and inspections of the Mackinac Bridge. Selfies are not required, but if you don't take some you will have failed us all.
The positions are limited-term, up to two years, with permanent hire a possibility. Pay is $17.95 - $23.02 per hour. Dress in layers. Lots of layers.
- There is no specific education requirement.
- One year of experience in construction, electrical, or mechanical trades is preferred.
- The position requires a Group A Commercial Driver's Licensed (CDL) with an N or X endorsement within six months of date of hire.
- Employees must pass a drug test and physical.
- There will be a criminal background and driving record check.