Windmill Island Has Extended Their Season
Holland's Windmill Island Gardens is extending their 2020 season through October 25th. They will be open on weekends only.
The announcement of the extended season was made recently on their Facebook page...
Windmill Island is located on the edge of downtown Holland. The Gardens feature an original working Dutch windmill named "De Zwaan" (meaning the Swan). This windmill was brought over from the Netherlands in 1964. The structure reaches 125 feet from the ground to the top of the blades, and towers over 36 acres of gardens, dikes, canals, and picnic areas.
Some of the things you will see on your visit include...
- Antique Dutch Carousel featuring hand-carved and painted wooden horses (currently closed)
- Children’s Garden
- Gift Shop
- Little Netherlands Village Display
- Molenwinkel Shop
- Picnic Areas
- The Post House is an exact replica of a 14th century wayside Inn. Inside you can watch a 12 minute film -- "The Story of DeZwaan" -- and rest in their gathering space.
Windmill Island will be open on Saturdays and Sundays only, through October 25th. Their hours are 9:30 am to 6 pm with last tickets sold at 5 pm. Temporary Admission Fee is $5 with kids 8 & under free. (Holland residents are admitted free of charge with their Holland, MI drivers license during this time.) Plan on your visiting taking about 2 hours.
To keep everyone healthy and safe:
- Building access is limited, and guests should wear a mask when inside (unless they are medically unable to do so.)
- The playground equipment is NOT being sanitized and should not be used to avoid spreading germs.
- Remember to practice social distancing (6 feet!)
Check out the live camera from Windmill Gardens...
Windmill Island Gardens are located at 1 Lincoln Avenue in Holland, MI.