What You Need to Know When Going to Cedar Point
If you plan on heading to Sandusky, Ohio, for a trip to Cedar Point there are some things you are going to need to know.
One of my personal favorite places on earth is Cedar Point. In my days of being a traveling musician I was lucky enough to go to most of the amusement parks that are in America and still Cedar Point ruled over them all.
You can literally ride roller coasters all day.
I have not been in a couple years and they have a few new coasters since my last visit and was thinking about going this year so here is what I found out in case you plan on attending.
Yes, Cedar Point will be opening this year and they are going to be opening in phases beginning in July.
According to WOOD, Cedar Point Gold and Platinum pass holders are the only ones allowed in the park July 9 and July 10. July 11 will be when the resort will be open for guests and pass holders.
I'm not sure why that Hotel Breakers and Lighthouse Point RV sites are opening June 12 to June 27 since the park won't be open yet but you are near the beach so it's something.
The official date for those just wanting to buy a ticket and go has yet to be officially announced yet.
When they do announce the official opening date there are some new safety guidelines WOOD posted that you need to be aware if you plan on making the trip to Sandusky:
- Because the park will be open with reduced numbers you will need to make a reservation to visit the park with either the Cedar Point app or website.
- You will need to fill out a health declaration before entering the park.
- You will also take part in a touchless temperature screening right at the entrance to the park.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask at all times so you may want to bring one that won't blow off and maybe bring a spare just in case.
- Social distancing will be required and well marked throughout the park and the 6 foot rule will be standard everywhere.
If you want to see all the new protocols and set up your reservation you can do so right here.
Have a blast riding all those amazing coasters.