What Can I do in Grand Rapids This Weekend?
It's the Labor Day Weekend, and with many of us having some extra time off, how about making it a special weekend? The question is, what's there to do? Plenty!
We all get stuck in ruts, and when you live so close to fun things to do and see that many travel miles to visit, we take them for granted. So, I've come up with my Top 5 Fun Things to Do in Grand Rapids this weekend.
1. Frederik Meijer Gardens - a MUST see in Grand Rapids. The whole family will enjoy.
2. Meyer May House - Grand Rapids Frank Lloyd Wright's gem. It's in Heritage Hill and offers free tours. It's a must see.
3. Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum - Downtown Grand Rapids, you'll not only learn about Gerald Ford, the man, but the President, and his fabulous wife, Betty. There is an exact Oval Office, the Cabinet Room during his Presidency, and much more.
4. A walking tour of downtown Grand Rapids. Take the river walk along the Grand, visit the Fish Ladder, Le Grande Vistesse, the Alexander Calder sculpture, the shops, restaurants and so much more.
5. The Grand Rapids Public Museum - a wonderful surprise for all if you haven't been there before. Be sure to ride the carousel.
That's only five, but there sure is plenty more. Of course there is Lake Michigan and the beautiful beaches just 30-minutes away. But, there are dozens of smaller lakes to visit including Reed's Lake in East Grand Rapids. Don't forget the John Ball Zoo, and the Whitecaps. The Caps are at the end of the season with their final 3-home games this weekend. Winning just might get them into the playoffs, so you need to be there!
Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!