Earlier in the year, the event had been cancelled due to the pandemic, but now it's back on with some modifications. Neither the Lighted Boat Parade nor the Fireworks Display will be included in this year’s festival due to time constraints. Lance Winchester, commodore of the Cow Hill Yacht Club said in a press release,
"We’re disappointed to leave the boat parade and fireworks out this year, but with a short timeline and tight budget, we are simply unable to organize and pay for those events."
This year's festival will feature a concert, beer tent and dinghy poker run. 80's band Starfarm is scheduled to perform in Coghlin Park on the first day of the festival.
Tickets for the show are $10 a person and food and drinks available for purchase throughout the evening. The venue will open at 6pm.
The Dinghy Poker Run, highlights Saturday’s events, and is scheduled to take off at noon from Coghlin Park. Registration for the Dinghy Poker Run begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
The Venetian Festival is a fundraiser for Cow Hill Yacht Club. They are a charitable organization that donates proceeds to help local families and individuals in need. Here are some ways the Venetian festival have helped others:
- Donation to the Veterans luncheon
- Tires for someone traveling frequently to support their family
- Gas and Grocery Gift Cards for families with someone in the hospital
- Funding to build a wheelchair accessible ramp
- School Opening Project - providing bookbags, school supplies , underwear , clothes to local schools
- Snack program for Douglas Elementary – providing PTO with monies to help run their snack program
- Thanksgiving Food Program – provide gift cards to families to buy food
- Christmas Giving Project - Provide wrapped gifts for 80+ recipients
- Donation to The Veteran’s Annual Luncheon
- Donation to The Interurban
- Donation to Special Olympics
To donate, click here.
KEEP READING: Tips To Have The Best Boat Tubing Experience On Michigan Lakes