Storm Cleanup Info for Grand Rapids, Wyoming and Grandville Residents
Saturday's tornadoes have left many West Michigan residents with downed trees and damaged property. See where residents of Grand Rapids, Wyoming and Grandville can dispose of yard waste from Saturday's storms.
- The City of Grand Rapids will continue their regular drop-off site for residential yard waste. Leaves, brush, and tree branches may be dropped off at 2001 Butterworth SW, Monday - Saturday from 9AM - 4:45PM.
- City of Grandville Public Works crews have begun collection of natural debris in the neighborhoods that were most impacted by Saturday afternoon’s severe storm. These priority neighborhoods are in the southeastern portion of the City of Grandville both east and west of Ivanrest Avenue from approximately the 3800 block to 44th Street.
- Instructions to residents living inside the Designated Collection Area: Debris should be cut into manageable lengths of no more than 8 feet and piled between the street and sidewalk but not in traffic lanes. Public Works crews will focus initially on removing brush and will follow later with removal of larger logs. The crews will focus on rapid removal of the major debris and will not be raking or removing small sticks/twigs/leaves so homeowners may need to rake the areas where debris was piled after removal.
- Residents living outside the Designated Collection Area: Any resident of the City of Grandville may bring natural storm debris to the Grandville Department of Public Works facility at 4095 White Street. Enter at the rear gate from Oakes Street which will be open 24 hours a day for at least the next 7 days.
- The yard waste center at 2660 Burlingame SW will be open 24 hours over the next few days for debris drop-off. Public Works crews will be out this week to pick up debris, as well. If you have debris that requires City crews to pick up, please call the Public Works Department at 616.530.7260. All debris should be placed behind your sidewalk and not in the public right-of-way or on the street.