Need Work? These Are Some of the Fastest Growing Jobs in Michigan in 2017
Looking for a job? Something that's going to stick around for a while? Every year, every state makes projections for job growth in their state by occupation. The Michigan Department of Labor worked on these numbers with the Bureau of Labor Statistics to figure out what jobs will be growing all the way through 2024.
Here's what they've found out.
- Coming in at #1 for fastest growing job in Michigan is Credit Couselor. Want to help students get financial aid to go to school? Then this job could be for you! You could help kids with dreams get grants and loans to go to college and maybe they'll take care of you when you're old! (Don't hold your breath on that...they're probably going to be an art history major or something.) Average wage : $47,100.
- Operations Research Analyst. Good at math? Have at least a bachelor's degree? You can help organizations and businesses solve problems, and make better decisions! You'll need good Analytical, communication, critical-thinking, math, problem-solving, and writing skills for this one, but there's a lot of growth here. Average wage : $85,810.
- Interpreter and Translator. This one is pretty self-explanatory. You translate things for people, so you must know English and at least one other language, being fluent enough to speak, read, and write them both. Average wage : $43,960.
- Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic. Like working with your hands, and cool machines to make stuff? This one is cool, as there's on-the-job training, and you can get NIMS certified for many metalworking specializations. Big growth here. Average wage : $36,510.
- Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic. Another cool job, you can program the machines that the operators use. You can learn CNC programming, that can streamline manufacturing, and make these cool machines build amazing things. Average wage : $49,850.
- Dental Laboratory Technician. Everyone has a mouth. Most of them have teeth in them. This job could be really cool for you, and challenging! You can make dentures, fake teeth, work with different materials, including wax, plastic, alloys, porcelain, and more! Make some cool teeth for Producer Justin. Average wage : $42,630.
- Physical Therapist Assistant. Assist a physical therapist take care of patients who are recovering from injuries and illness. You learn to help them manage pain, regain mobility. You'll be helping the PT, setting up the treatment area, moving the patients, and doing paperwork. Average wage : $46,890.
- Industrial Machinery Mechanic. Good with your hands? There are a lot of machines in manufacturing that need to be fixed, and kept in good working order. You can even branch out into electrician, HVAC, plumbing. There are a lot of jobs in these fields. Average wage : $51,220.
- Personal Financial Advisor. Are you pretty good with money, and helping people make smart decisions with it for saving, investing, planning, and taxes? You can make a TON of money as a personal financial advisor. Help those of us who are terrible with our money make better decisions! Average wage : $99,730.
- Home Health Aid. Are you a really helpful person, who would love to help disabled, or elderly people get through their day? Some aids can assist with medications (under a healthcare practitioner's supervision) and checking vitals. You can help the elderly, or those with chronic illnesses, the disabled...this is a really good job. Average wage : $22,210.
These are just the top 10 fastest growing jobs in Michigan. There are a ton of other jobs listed on the Zippia website, who have compiled the information from the state, with salaries ranging from $21,000 to $140,000!
Depending on what your skill-set is, what you love to do, and what you're willing to learn, you could grab yourself a great job in Michigan.
Even better, a great job with some security!