Michigan Is The Ninth Best State For Singles
With Valentine's Day fast approaching, it's good to know that you're not alone here in being alone.
There's a lot of available singles here in Michigan as we are 13th in the nation in folks declaring themselves single, and 2nd in gender balance of singles (an almost 50/50 split!!). In other words, there's a lot of people in the same boat you are, so go out to the sea and go fishing.
The statistics were compiled by the web site, WalletHub, who ranked Michigan the ninth best state for singles overall.
To help unattached Americans improve their chances of finding love, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 27 key indicators of dating-friendliness. The data set ranges from the share of single adults to online-dating opportunities to COVID-19 restrictions.
Here's how Michigan fared in some critical singles areas:
Dating in Michigan (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 13th – % of Single Adults
- 2nd – Gender Balance of Singles
- 30th – Online-Dating Opportunities
- 18th – Median Annual Household Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 13th – Restaurants per Capita
- 9th – Movie Theaters per Capita
- 22nd – Crime Rate
- 29th – WalletHub’s “States with the Fewest Coronavirus Restrictions” Score
I'm not sure what the crime rate has to do with singles, other than maybe picking the wrong woman on Tinder and getting robbed at knife point (which hasn't happened to me, yet).
The 100 Best Places to Live in the Midwest