Independence Day Weekend Fireworks and Activities in West Michigan – 2014
Independence Day weekend will bring many opportunities to celebrate and enjoy fireworks in West Michigan in 2014.
Take a look at our list and have a great Independence Day weekend!
The big celebration is in downtown Grand Rapids with events July 4 and July 5.
The Amway Family Fireworks spectacular is July 5, and is free and open to the public. The annual Celebration on the Grand event this year is July 4.
Amway Family Fireworks starts 2 p.m. July 5 at Ah-Nab-Awen Park next to Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum on the west side of the Grand River. The event includes Re/Max of Grand Rapids' Family Fun Zone activities and games, food trucks, vendors' exhibits, music and entertainment and runs through the fireworks display, which begins about 10:30 p.m. EST.
Celebration on The Grand is at Ah-Nab-Awen Park, and is 3-11 p.m. July 4. The event includes music, food and vendors, is free and is open to the public.
Here's a full list of Independence Day weekend celebrations -- and some earlier than that -- in West Michigan:
- Ada - July 4, parade and activities, fireworks at dusk at Fulton and the Grand River
- Allegan - July 3, annual July 3 Jubilee with fireworks
- Allendale - July 4, parade and activities during the day, fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Battle Creek - July 2-6, Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon Festival
- Caledonia - June 28, celebration with fireworks at dusk
- Cascade - July 4, celebration with fireworks at dusk
- East Grand Rapids - July 4, all-day celebration with fireworks at 10:15 p.m.
- Fremont - July 3, over Fremont Lake at dusk
- Grand Rapids - July 4, Celebration on The Grand, Ah-Nab-Awen Park, 3 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Grand Rapids - July 5, Amway Family Fireworks, Ah-Nab-Awen Park, 2 p.m.-dusk, with fireworks at 10:30 p.m.
- Grand Haven - July 4, at dusk after Grand Haven Musical Fountain show
- Grandville - July 4, weekend-long celebration, fireworks July 4 at Grandville Middle School at dusk
- Hart - July 2, in downtown Hart
- Hastings - July 4, Charlton Park, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Holland - July 4, Celebration Freedom with fireworks at dusk over Lake Macatawa
- Ionia - July 3, at the Ionia Fairgrounds at dusk
- Kalamazoo - July 4, racing and fireworks at Kalamazoo Speedway
- Kentwood - July 4, activities during the day and fireworks at night
- Lansing - July 4, parade at 11 a.m. through downtown, Lansing Concert Band performance at 8 p.m. at Riverfront Park followed by fireworks at dusk
- Ludington - July 4, Freedom Festival with fireworks over Lake Michigan at dusk
- Manistee - July 4, Forest Festival with fireworks over Lake Michigan at 10:30 p.m.
- Marne - July 5, racing and fireworks at Berlin Raceway
- Muskegon - July 4, Here's to the Heroes celebration with fireworks at 10:30 p.m.
- Pentwater - July 3, at dusk at Charles Mears State Park
- St. Joseph - July 4, Southwest Symphony Orchestra concert at 9 p.m. followed by fireworks
- Silver Lake - July 4, fireworks over the sand dunes at dusk
- South Haven - July 3, at dark around 10:30 p.m.
- Wayland - July 4, at Gun Lake Casino at dusk
- White Lake - July 4, parade at 10 a.m. from Whitehall to Montague and fireworks at dusk, sponsored by White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau
- Wyoming - July 1, after Concert in the Park at Lamar Park, concert at 7 p.m.