Grand Rapids’ Ten Highest Rated Restaurants
Grand Rapids is blessed with a great food scene, and here are the Top Ten restaurants according to two different sources.
The top ten lists according to ratings from two different sources, Yelp! and Google. The only criteria I put on it was at least 50 reviews, because anything under that isn't a big enough cross section.
Let's start with the ten highest rated restaurants on Yelp!
1. Taqueria San Jose, 1338 S. Division -- It seems I've hit every Mexican joint in GR except this one. Now I'll have to go.
2. Marie Catrib's 1001 Lake Ave -- The only down side to this Eastown stop is its small size.
3. Grove, 919 Cherry SE -- Consistently delicious
4. Real Food Cafe, 2419 Eastern SE -- Wonderfully priced diner
5. Founder's, 235 Grandville SW -- Craft brew and more
6. The Chop House, 190 Monroe Ave NW -- High end steakhouse that gives great service
7. Gita Pita, 2 Jefferson SE -- Quick and inexpensive gyros, falafel and other Mid Eastern fare.
8. Little Africa, 956 E. Fulton -- Ethiopian food in a cozy setting.
9. Terra, 1429 Lake Ave. -- Sunday breakfast here is the best.
10. Euro Bistro, 6450 28th St SE -- A treasure tucked out of the way in Cascade.
I always like to compare sources, so here are the Top Ten rated restaurants from Google Reviews. I used the same qualifier of at least 50 reviews. The interesting thing is the Google list leans heavy to the west side.
1. Butcher's Union -- Fairly new west side stop in the up and coming Bridge Street corridor. Come for the happy hour, stay for the meat.
2. Sushi Yama, 146 Monroe Center SW -- Affordable sushi tucked away in McKay Tower.
3. Gita Pita, 2 Jefferson SE -- The first to make both lists.
4. Bangkok Taste, 15 Jefferson SE -- Our first Thai restaurant to make either list.
5. Blue Dog, 638 Stocking NW -- Pub grub featuring a great hot dog menu.
6. Sovengard, 443 Bridge NW -- Well hidden gem in the back of a jean store. One of the better deck spaces in the area.
7. The Chop House, 190 Monroe NW -- Our second double mention.
8. Big O's, 80 Ottawa Ave NW -- Grab a late night pizza, and then slide over and see if you can get in for a drink at the Sidebar.
9. San Chez, 38 Fulton W -- Long time GR favorite for tapas and more.
10. Garage Bar, 819 Ottawa NW -- It is what it says it is, a garage, with great food.