Get Ready For Snow In West Michigan This Weekend… Maybe
So far, this winter has been exceptionally mild with very little snow and above average temperatures. But, we finally have a stretch of consecutive days with snow in the forecast.
Starting on Thursday and lasting through Sunday morning, we could see snow periodically on each of those days. The snow will come as a welcome surprise to many since West Michigan is experiencing historically low amounts of snow for this time of year.
But, when you are dealing with anything involving the weather, you have to take forecasts with a grain of salt. Depending on where you get your weather, snow could seem very likely in the coming days, or not that likely at all. Below, we compiled the weather reports from 3 local news stations as well as the National Weather Service, so you can decide who to believe.
- Thursday - PM Rain/Snow Showers (40% chance)
- Friday - Snow Showers (50% chance)
- Saturday - Mostly Cloudy (40% chance)
- Thursday - Rain/Snow (50% chance)
- Friday - Rain/Snow (90% chance)
- Saturday - Snow Showers (70% chance)
- Thursday - Late day rain and snow showers (24% chance)
- Friday - Chance of a few snow showers (47% chance)
- Saturday - Afternoon snow showers (30% chance)
- Thursday - A chance of rain and snow showers before 10pm, then a chance of rain showers between 10pm and 2am, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 2am.
- Friday - A chance of snow showers before 8am, then a chance of rain and snow showers.
- Saturday - A chance of snow showers.
The total snow accumulation predicted is anywhere from nothing, to 3 inches.
So, what do you think? Are we going to see snow this weekend? Or, a better question to ask might be, do you even want snow this weekend? Let us know in the comments.