Free Entrance To National Parks In Michigan Today
Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and in addition to it being a federal holiday, it's a fee-free day at National Parks in Michigan.
So, all day today you can visit certain National Parks in Michigan completely free of charge. It might be a good idea to take advantage of this now because Michigan Recreation Passport fees are going up in March.
These are the National Parks in Michigan that are free today:
- Isle Royale National Park
- Keweenaw National Historical Park
- North Country National Scenic Trail
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
- River Raisin National Battlefield Park
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
Many of Michigan's other parks are free year-round. You can see the full list of Michigan's National Parks here.
There are 4 more fee-free days in 2020 and here is when they are:
- Saturday, April 18: First Day of National Park Week/National Junior Ranger Day
- Tuesday, Aug. 25: National Park Service Birthday
- Saturday, Sept. 26: National Public Lands Day
- Wednesday, Nov. 11: Veterans Day