Eyedrops Sold at Walmart & Walgreens Being Recalled
Dry eyes? Red eyes? Check your medicine cabinet regardless because several eye drops are being recalled that can potentially threaten your life.
The recall was made by Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. because the eyedrops may not be sterile. According to the FDA,
Administration of a non-sterile product intended to be sterile may result in serious and potentially life threatening infections or death.
Now, that's scary.
The eyedrops were made and sold OTC exclusively at Walmart & Walgreens.
The Walmart brands include:
- Equate Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Drops Twin Pack
- Equate Eye Allergy Relief Drops
- Equate Sterile Lubricant Stye Ointment
- Equate Comfort Gel Lubricant Eye Gel Twin Pack
- Equate Restore PM Nighttime Lubricant Eye Ointment
- Equate Night & Day Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Pack
- Equate Support Advanced Twin Pack
- Equate Support Advanced Lubricating Eye Drops Dose Preservative Free
- Equate Support Advanced Lubricant Gel Drops Multi Dose Preservative Free
- Equate Support Moisture Lubricant Eye Drops
- Support Harmony Lubricant Eye Drops
You can see the lot # and expiration dates for each product here.
The Walgreens products include:
- Lubricant Eye Drops Moisturizing
- Lubricant Eye Drops Moisturizing Twin Pack
- Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Ointment, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Ointment
- Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Solution, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Drops
- Lubricant Eye Ointment PF Soothing
Check the lot # and expiration dates here.
The company has requested that both retailers notify customers immediately. Thankfully, no one has reported any adverse affects.