Eight Michigan Hospitals Named Among Top 5 Percent in Country
A new study shows the top performing hospitals in the country based on the treatment of 32 conditions and procedures. There's good news for the east, central and west regions of Michigan.
Healthgrades released their annual list of "America's Best Hospitals" last month. The list ranks hospitals "based solely on clinical quality outcomes for 32 conditions and procedures." Patients at the top hospitals are more likely to have successful procedures without complications.
The top 5 percent includes a total of 250 hospitals. The hospitals representing Michigan in the top 5 percent are:
- Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus
- Beaumont Hospital - Troy Campus
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital in Clinton Township
- Michigan Medicine in Ann Arbor
- Providence-Providence Park Hospital, Southfield Campus
- Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, including the Saint Lawrence Campus
- Spectrum Health Medical Center - Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids, includingBlodgett Hospital
- St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor in Ypsilanti